Saturday, December 6, 2014

Hey! I got friends


Facebook is considered the biggest social networking site, where people interact with many different persons and make new friends. New friends from different cities and different countries have conversations and know about each other very often, talking to someone you don't know is sometime good enough to make people friends more than usual facebook chatters. But these people never ever imagine to meet and talk face to face like normal friends.

But that wasn't normal day - that was Ijtama-e-Aam by Jamaat-e-Islami at Minar-e-Pakistan. 

Let me mention first that Jamaat-e-Islami has a huge facebook family, and Ijtama beside training was a family gathering for workers. And almost all of them managed to meet each other there. Although it was funny to wait for meeting the people we have never seen before, I always hesitate to meet new people, but still was waiting for my facebook friends. 

Finally the day came, here comes the first from list. I was in social media camp women wing, a lady came and asked about me from someone else, and when I met her I was like 
"O My God! All the time chatting with her, I thought she was a little aged (but she was pretty young women)" :)
Talking with her while sitting close to her and watching her smile and laughing together was fun. And she was not the only one. 

There was another famous cleric from facebook women community,and was right in-front of me in veil, my in-charge asked me "Have you met Asra Ghauri?" I said "no, not yet" and she says "Meet na" I was like "Shazia Baji I'll meet her but she has to reach here first, how can I meet someone who is not present at the moment" She smiled a little and introduced me to that lady.
"Asra, this is Arisha" :)
Asra Ghauri took a step, greeted and hugged me and I was thinking What am I doing? complaining about the absence of a person just in-front of her plus I had told one or two ladies just before that, Asra wasn't there. And the fun part is, by her Abaya and veil she was looking a comparatively young lady but later I found out that her daughter is also fully grown up girl.

Then I met another and another and another ... and list goes on. Ijtama was really a family gathering which gives us more friends besides the deep lessons.

I enjoyed each and every moment of those three days - being busy, working without realizing that lunch time is over, having conversation with people I don't know (I normally don't speak much), walking from one end of the ground to another many times a day and saying I'll never go there again and forgetting my own words and going there for another piece of work, performing double duty,decorating stage of rising youth and running short of safety pins, having new arrivals in our camp as ladies were more than imaginations and preparations :)

I don't often miss thing but I'm missing Ijtama-e-Aam and looking forward to next one.



1 comment: